Cadbury: quickly looking up

This blog is dedicated to my friends who wish me well in life, and is dedicated to their optimism, and my own growing sense of possibility.

Friday, June 16, 2006

An email I received

I received this email a week or two ago from a lady that (works in my building) I have lunch with and visit often. I've known her for about 20 years. We were walking buddies during a recnt building wide exercise and health promotion.

No - we are just friends and she has a significant other. She's about 12 years older than me. We have discussed my issues extensively. She recently (3 months) separated from her husband - I was her confidant as well during her difficulties.

Subject: Howdy
"Hi [Cadbury],
I know this will make you very sad, but I am only here until noon. Then off to do a bunch of fun things at home. Lawns, fertilizing, bedding, clean house, colouring my hair.......
See you on Monday. Hope you have a peaceful weekend with no walking on eggshells or that twisted feeling in your stomach. Remember you are a good guy!! I know cause I spend more time with you then I do with any other man.
Hugs and Kisses,
[insert friend's name]"


I am happy to have received such validation. One more reason to be looking up.

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2006 3:58 AM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

EXACTLY! And her email should be one more reason for you to believe that you deserve better.

 
At June 17, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger ohc said...

Yes, you are a good guy! She sounds like a smart lady! You are looking up! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home