Cadbury: quickly looking up

This blog is dedicated to my friends who wish me well in life, and is dedicated to their optimism, and my own growing sense of possibility.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

45 Pounds Down - Yee Haw!!!



Well, this is a pretty obvious post from the title.

I'm down 5 more pounds. 45 pounds down. I haven't weighed this much since before I was married - I was about 21 last time I weighed this.

My workouts are about 1.5 to 2 hours long - steady. I am able to stay at a very good pace on the cross-trainer/eliptical for about 1 to 1.5 hours before doing upper body and abdominal work.

I get such a buzz during the cross-trainer workout. It's to the point where i don't want to get off of it by the end of my allotted/planned period of workout.

There are worse things to not want to stop doing, I'm guessing.

I started with the treadmill and eleptical because of my anxiety about the shape of my ass (see previous post: My Ass).

Below my waist has shrunk at a faster pace than about my waist, so I've upped my abdominal work. Specifically I'm trying to to about 10 minutes of sit-ups each session until my gut is able to take an enduring workout.

Upper body is on track - arms, shoulders, lats, blah, blah.




FYI: This is an insane period at work, so I will be more intermittment with posting here or commenting on anybody else's blogs for at least a couple of weeks. I am trying to cycle to at least one or two blogs in my reading circle every day, but i will see how it works and how each "crisis de jour" affects my ability to waste paid time blogging...

4 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 5:55 AM, Blogger t_cole said...

WOOOHOOOOO!
that is awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!
where in the world do you find the motivation? inspiration?
and send me some. please.

 
At March 22, 2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Hazed said...

Pictures? C'mon...share with us! Good job on losing it. I'm in awe of your will-power and determination.

 
At March 23, 2006 1:53 PM, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

T: i find the motivation and determination in the same spot i find everything (most things) in my life.

i make a decision, and once made, it sticks. no more. no less.

it's just actually making the decision that takes effort.

remember - it took three years to find the diet that is currently working. other decisions are equally as long in the making


friday: more pics as soon as i get the chance to take them ;-)

thank-you for your compliment

----

i am pleased with myself.

i had originally targetted only 50 lbs to lose, so i am almost at my first target. but i dropped my target weight after my success, so i am now a little further from an even better weight. hopefully, not an unachievable weight.

 
At March 27, 2006 8:56 AM, Blogger Zephyr said...

Wow that's an amazing accomplishment!

When do we get to see the ass? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home