Cadbury: quickly looking up

This blog is dedicated to my friends who wish me well in life, and is dedicated to their optimism, and my own growing sense of possibility.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

8 Miles

No - this has nothing to do with Eminem.

It's how many miles I do 3 times a week. This for a guy who last year couldn't do much more than a couple of blocks without enduring excrutiating pain (I lied to my family and the other parents about my fibromyalgia being at a level that wouldn't cause me a problem when I chaperoned my son's trip - I just tried to ignore the pain. If I ignored the pain, the physical activity was doable).

If it means anything to you folks who know ellipticals - as I mentioned previously - I now do between 1 - 1.5 hours on a 20 (highest) ramp setting at a resistance level moving from 7 through 9.

I realised the other day, that my condition, while it was in full onset, was more debilitating than I thought. And I thought I would post this to say that it may have beaten me for a little while, but not forever.

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Big Pissy said...

That's awesome!

good for you!!! :)

 
At April 19, 2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Holy double crap, Batman! You are king, Cadbury! I love it when you can actually see progress in your personal health and well-being.

I just got in from an hour walk all over the place with Buddha. The retired walkers were out in force and couldn't hold themselves back when faced with being able to touch Buddha's red hair.

I'm so proud of you!

 
At April 19, 2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Hazed said...

I have a friend with fybromyalgia, and had no idea just how debilitating it was, until she had to bail on plans a few times. Not just with me, but with everyone. She told me that she often has to have someone come in to her home to help take of her kids when she has bad days/weeks. I really feel for you, Cadbury. But, I think it's AMAZING that you have such a positive outlook and that you are doing so much for yourself with the walking and such. Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home