Cadbury: quickly looking up

This blog is dedicated to my friends who wish me well in life, and is dedicated to their optimism, and my own growing sense of possibility.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pics As Promised

My pics crop up better as fairly narrow portraits. If I were to ever become as masterful at self-photography as Lara, I might be able to do better with these, but for the moment I am stuck with what I can do...


As promised, I have provided a butt dimple pic, but the rest made my gut look larger than I wanted to, so they were left off until I can do more. I'm very pleased with the way my body (for so long my foe in looking good) is responding to exercise. I am doing some extra work with my lower abdomen now, so I am hoping some of the softness there will be gone soon.


I'm taking this opportunity to re-declare at 50 lbs down. The first declaration was off the health club scale (after a big work-out) and I didn't reach 50 lbs down on my home scale until last week. I am now consistently down 50 lbs. I can see the difference in my body from the time of my first announcement so I don't know if I lost more or just shifted between fat and muscle.

I am doing a bunch of upper body work now in addition to the elliptical. I am not seeing the definition that I would like, but I am going as fast as possible from my fibromyalgia ravaged overweight out-of-shape body to something more toned at about my maximum rate. Some days I feel some pain from my regimen, and I don't ever want to miss some days because of an injury. So, I go slow.

As I mentioned above, I added more abdominal exercises in the last 10 days - we'll see how that works.

All my exercise is high reps, fairly low weight. When I was younger I bulked up on muscle fairly quickly. I want to be slim and non-bulky this time, so my exercise routine reflects that desire. Definition and lower weight, not bulk and mass.

Yes. My back and behind is less hirsute. I shaved to see how it would look. I ended up having to continue down to my butt as well just so it wouldn't look too dorky.

6 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger ohc said...

Cadbury! What a nice surprise! Dimples, an extraordinary physique, and a testimony to what hard work can do for a body! I have to say not only are you a feast for the eyes, but you have inspired me to get up and get more active. I know about fibromyalgia and I understand the pain...I admire your determination even more! I am extremely proud of you! Keep up the good work...slow but sure! It is working!

 
At May 25, 2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*clapping hands*

Wooooooo hoooooo! Look at that progress! Like Hippi, I am so damn proud of you!

Self-esteem, pride, faith...all of those are characteristics to describe you.

I've always said it - you have to take care of yourself before others will deem you important enough to shower you with care.

Amazing effort and perseverance on your part! I'm so proud of you!

 
At May 26, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger terry said...

helllooooooo!

yow. looking good, cadbury. you've worked hard and it shows.

would it be inappropriate for me to suggest you move your hands, in that last shot? ;)

 
At May 29, 2006 5:03 AM, Blogger Moby Dick said...

Great work losing 50! I have lost 113 so far, but I was at a higher weight.

 
At May 30, 2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Big Pissy said...

I can't say it any better than every one else already has....

BRAVO!!!!

you look great!

Keep it up! :)

 
At May 31, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Zephyr said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! 50 lbs looks incredible off of you!

LOL @ the shaving... we do that to hubby's entire body every 2-3 months. No fun, but he prefers the look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home